Thursday, October 6, 2011

Seattle/Vancouver Oct 2011 - Pre-Trip

So for those of you that don't know, we are going to the Pacific Northwest starting this weekend. It is going to be a 9 day, 8 night trip. We are going to start in Seattle. We fly in Saturday at 10:00am. That's right. I said 10:00am Saturday. That means our flight out of KC is at 6:30AM. Yikes!! So we have all day (except for a nap) in Seattle. We are in Seattle until Monday when we pickup our rental car and head to Olympic National Park. I am really excited to see the Park because I have come to enjoy the history and nature of the national parks. Lisa likes the nature and relaxation. She doesn't care about the history so much. We are both really excited to use our new Sony A33 camera out there, and on the entire trip. So we are in Olympic National Park for two night and then on to Victoria, BC. This will be a cool place to see. From what I was told, I was in Victoria when I was 2 or 3 years old, but the only thing I remember is Duplos from the trip. I know, that is kind of sad, but come on, I was like 2 years old. Anyway, back to the current trip. I am looking forward to seeing the Inner Harbor and the sights around Victoria like Butchart Gardens. We are only in Victoria for one night, but then we are off to Vancouver, BC. I have heard a lot of good things about Vancouver, but I am still not completely sure what we are going to do in Vancouver. The good thing about that is, we had no clue what we were going to do in San Francisco for our honeymoon and ended up having a great time. A surprise to me, and I'm sure everyone else, is we have not booked any dining reservations for the trip. We are going to play it by ear. We have some ideas, but nothing set. So we are in Vancouver for three nights and then back to Seattle to fly home. I'm sad to say that already. I'm really looking forward to this trip. Not only because of what we are doing and where we are going, but it is time for a much needed break. We are pretty well packed. We should be ready to go bright and early Saturday morning.

I am planning on posting updates as the trip goes. I am hoping to document our trip to remember more of the details about our experiences and to share with others. I am a rookie blogger so be nice.

I have to say, we recently got an iMac and an iPad. Lisa wanted the iPad for the trip. I am actually typing this on the iPad with the keyboard from the iMac. This is really cool.

Well, more to come. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment