Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Walt Disney World Oct 2015 - Day 5: Magic Kingdom / EPCOT


Our next day started early.  I was looking forward to this day the most.  I had seen pictures on Disney blogs that showed the park before it opened and it looked really cool.  There was either no one or very few people in the park and you could get great pictures.  We scheduled breakfast at the castle for 8:15am and the park opened at 9:00am.  We got there about 30 minutes early and got to walk around and take a bunch of pictures.  Lisa got a picture of Ellie that is the definition of sheer joy.  We all thought Disney could use it in their advertising.  Ellie was very happy that morning and really enjoyed walking around the park that morning.  I got some really good pictures of the park as well, but the one of her made the trip.

Walking Around Before the Park Opens
Not a lot of people before the park opens





All together and ready for breakfast at the castle

Epitome of Disney World


Just a girl and her castle



After we got the pictures we wanted, we headed to the castle.  The entrance is in the back and it is upstairs.  Before we went upstairs, we stopped to take pictures with Cinderella.  Riley really enjoyed that, but Ellie didn’t really care.  We went upstairs, and were seated for breakfast.  It was a very nice space with a lot of light.  The light was actually a problem for pictures.  I’m not going to go through the whole meal, but the interactions with the princesses was pretty cool and Riley really liked it.  I was less than impressed with the meal.  It was outrageously expensive, and I was still hungry after the meal.  I wouldn’t do it again. 


Ellie meeting Snow White

We left the castle, and the line for the Mine Train was manageable so Spence and his family decided to ride it.  Lisa, Ellie, my parents with Crosby and I headed toward Haunted Mansion.  We stopped and rode Small World again since Ellie and Crosby both enjoyed that ride.  After Small World, we went to ride the Haunted Mansion.  This is one of my favorites.  I was not overly worried about Ellie because she doesn’t really understand “scary” yet, but you never know.  We got on the ride and put her between us.  My parents rode in the doom buggy behind us and put Crosby between them.  Within a couple minutes, Ellie fell asleep.  Of all places, she falls asleep on the Haunted Mansion.  We got off the ride and when my parents met us, Crosby had fallen asleep on the ride as well.  I guess that is the ride to take babies on when they need a nap.  We put them in the strollers and let them sleep for a while.  We met Spencer and family in Adventureland to try and ride Pirates of the Caribbean.  The line was pretty long so we went to see the Tiki Birds.  Lisa, Ellie and I split a Dole Whip before the show, and then went in.  It was delicious.  The show has aged and it was pretty hot inside.  Afterwards, they went to ride Pirates, but we decided not to because Ellie needed to eat.  We went to Pecos Bill’s to get some food instead.  We got Ellie a kid’s meal with a quesadilla and grapes.  She did pretty well eating it.  We found that Disney sold packages of grapes all over the parks and not only are they easy to eat, but Ellie loved them. 

It's a Small World

In line to ride the Haunted Mansion


After riding the Haunted Mansion

Ellie's first taste of a Dole Whip

Surprise, surprise, she wanted more

We then went through some shops and walked around just enjoying the park.  We were also trying to get Ellie to sleep, unsuccessfully.  We ended up running into Sam on the other side of Pecos Bill’s getting a snack herself.  Funny enough, Ellie ended up eating more of Sam’s food too.  Everyone met us there and we headed toward Fantasyland.

Riding the Teacups





We walked over to ride Dumbo because half of our group had not ridden it.  We all got to ride it and it again was a good time.  We then went across and shopped in the Big Top Souvenirs.  That was a pretty cool shop that had a lot of stuff.  After that, we headed back to Main Street on our way to the hotel to take a nap.  We wanted to go through some of the shops there as well.  We got a coffee mug at Starbucks and some candy in the candy shop.  I was surprised at how many branded shops there were.  There was a Starbucks, a Pandora shop and a bag store carrying Dooney & Burke and Vera Bradley.  As we were walking through the shops, we realized the parade was coming through, so we stopped to watch it.  This was the 3rd time.  I can’t remember the last time I watched a parade and this one we saw 3 times.  Pretty crazy.  As we walked out, Spence and family decided to go back to the hotel via bus, and I wanted to take the Monorail through EPCOT.  My parents came with us and we headed to EPCOT. 

The Parade - Round 3






Walking through the Candy Shop

I might have bought several items :)

I really enjoy riding the Monorail.  It is a relaxing ride and you get some great views of the resort.  Ellie stayed awake on the ride, but fell asleep when we were walking in to EPCOT.  We stopped in Future World and bought a coffee mug at their Starbucks too.  They are pretty cool mugs, similar to the city series that Starbucks sells.  I have a Kansas City mug at home.  After we got our mug, we wanted to check out the Food & Wine Festival.  We first went to the Craft Beer spot, which was next to First Aid (we had some experience there).  Then we started at Mexico and wondered around the World Showcase.  My parents really enjoyed the Food & Wine Festival.  Lisa and I didn’t eat too much because we had other dinner plans (we’ll get to that) so my parents we making the stops.  I did “have” to drink several beers with my dad.  When we got to Italy, Lisa and I headed back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. 





We had 7:30pm dinner reservations for 4 at Monsieur Paul’s that night.  Lisa and I were definitely going and Spence and Sam went with us.  We all needed a break from the kids.  My parents were nice enough to watch all three kids for us.  Monsieur Paul is the restaurant upstairs at the France pavilion.  It is a little fancier than Chefs de France (the downstairs restaurant) and Lisa and I have eaten there before and it is amazing.  This time did not disappoint.  It was still amazing.  We had escargot as appetizers.  Lisa and Sam got scallops, which were great.  Spence had duck, which was very good.  And I order the mushroom crusted filet mignon in red wine sauce with truffle mashed potatoes.  The steak was amazing.  The mashed potatoes were better.  I took a bite of them and said, “Oh……” and stopped moving.  Lisa asked what was wrong and I gave her a bite.  She had the same reaction.  I gave Sam and Spence a bite, and they also had the same reaction.  Unbelievable.  Great meal.

After dinner, we walked around the World Showcase enjoying the evening.  There were several drinks consumed as well as an alleged pastry (I got a danish on the way out).  The most interesting thing we saw was a member of the cleaning crew that was doing something with his broom and water on the ground close to Mexico.  We stopped to watch and he was drawing Disney characters on the ground with water and his broom.  It was really cool.  We watched him draw Goofy and Scar.  It was crazy.  And that ended our night (after I went back to the restaurant to get our camera that I left there.  Oops.).

No comments:

Post a Comment